Monday, March 19, 2012

Bummer for the Boilers

I could not believe what I was reading this morning when I woke up and saw that the Boilermakers fell to Kansas by 3 points.  It was heartbreaking.  The worst part of the whole deal is that they lost it in the last 45 seconds!  I didn't get to see the game but I read a lot about it and it sounds like they played great...for 39 minutes and 15 seconds.  It's been the story of the season.  They play solid and get a lead only to let it slip away from them in the late stages of the game.  On the bright side, they were able to play a very tough Kansas team and take them down to the wire.  I feel bad for Hummel because he played his heart out and deserved to end his career at Purdue with a better tournament run than that.  I guess that's just the way the ball bounces.  We will have to give it our best shot again next year.  Go Boilers!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Youngest and I were talking about Hummel on the way home. We figure that while it was sad they didn't go deeper in the tournament, at least his last game as a Boiler was one in which he played exceptionally well. Way better to have had the last game be one where you know you left it all on the court and had a great game than to feel disappointed by your last performance.
    Heartbreaking in so many ways, but I'm proud of the boys and the way they played last night.

    ReplyDelete