Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I Have the Strangest Dog

Today my wife and I were laughing about some of the things that our dog has done and I have to say that I have got to have one of the strangest dogs around.  Don't get me wrong, he is great, but he is still a little weird and here is why.  My dog is terrified of a few things like clothes hangers, plastic bags, trash bags and laundry baskets.  Whenever we have one of those things he puts his ears down and cowers.  However, when there are things around that he should be afraid of he is not.  Whenever I start my motorcycle or my father-in-law has his 4-wheeler running he races towards them and tries to attack, even if they are moving and they could run him over.  I sat him on my dirt bike last year and was petting him and I kicked the kick starter like I was going to start it and he went nuts!  He started growling and biting at things.  He even tore a piece off of the crossbar pad.  Whenever I have power tools going or the vacuum is running he tries to bite at them and attack them.  If the UPS man or FedEx man drops off a package he will not stop jumping on us until we put the box down.  We have learned to take the contents out first because when we put the box down he attacks it like crazy.  He rips pieces off of the boxes and if you nudge them with your foot he goes at it again.  I guess that he is my dog so I shouldn't be too surprised that he is a little crazy!  :)  He is also the sweetest dog and loves to cuddle on your lap while you scratch him.  Overall he is a great dog, he just has a few issues that need to be worked out.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow--I knew about the laundry basket thing, but not the rest. You're right, your dog is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs can be so funny! I once knew a Great Dane that would dash behind the couch when the doorbell rang! Our black lab was a crazy dog about snacks. By the time she was 16, she would sit by the cabinet and sing/howl for a treat. Great slice!

    ReplyDelete