Thursday, March 8, 2012

What a Surprise

Yesterday afternoon I was blown away by something that happened in my classroom.  We were about halfway through our math lesson when the classroom door opened.  When I turned around there were two parents pushing a cart with cupcakes, juice and gifts.  When they entered the room all of the children in the class yelled "Surprise!"  Unknown to me, my aide and these two parents coordinated a surprise baby shower for me.  They had been working on it for a couple of weeks.  Kids knew, parents knew and other teachers knew.  I think that I may have been the only one in the building that didn't know.  It was awesome!  I feel like I work with the greatest people in the world and this goes to show me that I really do work with wonderful people and that I have great kids and parents.  I will never forget what they did for me.  It was a great afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. This is not just a sign of how great the people you are surrounded with are--this is a sign of how great you are! This sort of kindness is inspired by how valued you are. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! I knew! :) Glad it was a fun day for you.

    ReplyDelete