Monday, March 5, 2012

Poor Poor Boilermakers

I can't believe it.  Last night Purdue lost to Indiana in basketball for the second time this season.  What is this world coming to?  It is extremely difficult to face the IU fans with a smile and positive attitude after they have humiliated my beloved Boilermakers both times that they have played each other this year.  Fortunately I am a true and loyal Purdue Boilermaker and I will continue to support my team no matter what.  Things will get better and we will bounce back.  Besides, no matter what happens I can always be relieved that even though we were beat by IU this one season I do not have to go through the pain and suffering of being a lifelong IU fan.  Boiler Up!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have a special place in my heard for the Boilermakers. Purdue was the first college I gained acceptance into when I was a high school senior. I didn't land up going there, but I've always been appreciative of their willingness to take a chance on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Gene Keady or Bobby Knight? Who would you want as a representative of your school? With basketball alums like John Wooden, we've got nothing to be ashamed of--how soon the IU folks seem to forget why they have the coach they have now. Not to mention the 3 NFL quarterbacks from Purdue that started last year. Chin up, my Boiler friend. Chin up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We will fight for the cream and crimson, for the glory of ol' IU!"

    As an alumni from IU-Bloomington, I always have to mentally prepare myself before clicking to your blog. It is always a jolt to my cream and crimson heart.

    I'm just happy to see you deemed an IU victory blog-worthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...right there with you. It was a tough one. Again.

    ReplyDelete