Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another Sad Day for Basketball

Last night I just could not believe what I was listening to.  The Purdue Boilermakers were supposed to roll over Michigan State like they did twice in the regular season.  Instead, I turned the radio on and listened in horror as the Boilers were down by 17 with about 12 minutes to go. Being the superstitious fan that I am I thought that maybe by listening to the game they would somehow come back.  However, after listening for about 4 minutes they were behind by even more.  I didn't want to jinx them even further, so I turned off the radio and waited to check the scores later, hoping that they would put together a miracle run and pull out a victory.  Unfortunately that was not the case and Purdue had to bow out of the Big Ten tournament earlier than expected.  Hopefully this means that they have the losing out of their system, since they have now lost two in a row.  They lost a couple earlier this season and then went on a serious winning streak where they were being considered as one of the best teams in the country.  That's what I'm hoping for and expecting.  The boys in black won't disappoint in the big dance and I'm looking forward to watching them get their revenge.  Go Boilers!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Not only was it a horror, but heartbreaking. Awful.
    I cannot tell you how bad it was. I am still in some sort of denial about the whole thing.
    But hope springs eternal--right? And they are Boilermakers. They can pick themselves up and come out swinging.
    Time to buck up Boiler fans! March Madness is just gearing up! Boiler Up!

    ReplyDelete