Thursday, March 24, 2011

We Are Going On Vacation This Summer!!!

My wife and I have been on the fence for quite a while about booking a vacation this summer.  Finally, we bit the bullet and booked our trip.  We are going to Hawaii and are ecstatic!  This will be our first big vacation since our honeymoon a few years ago.  We have both had a long school year and decided that we needed to do something to help get us through the rest of the year.  Hopefully this will give us something to look forward to and provide the motivation that we need to get through the next couple of months.  We have never been to Hawaii and figured that if we want to visit we need to do it before we have kids.  We are arriving on the 1st of June, which will be nice because we will be spending our anniversary (June 2nd) on the island.  We will be staying on the island Oahu and will be there for 6 nights and 7 days.  We know that we are going to the Polynesian Cultural Center for a day and plan on spending at least a day on Waikiki Beach and we would also like to do some geocaching (one of our favorite hobbies to do together).  Aside from that, we are fairly open.  If anyone has been to Oahu and has suggestions on things to do I would greatly appreciate the input.

4 comments:

  1. I've never been but a colleague will be moving there soon, so I hope my husband & I can visit sometime. You sound so excited, & it is a wonderful place I guess. Good for you for going ahead & creating something nice for you & your wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray--I'm so excited for you. And I'm a little jealous! Glad you got it booked and are already looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Enjoy every minute of it because when the kids do come, it's not as easy to relax. It's a different kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds like a fantastic trip. That is definitely something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete