Saturday, March 19, 2011

Office Humor

Today was a rather uneventful day, so I thought that I would share a little humor from yesterday.  This has been an extremely long week at school.  There have been a lot of meetings, the end of the nine weeks is here and so it has just been a long week.  I found out on Tuesday that one of my co-workers who has a room right next to me loves "The Office" television show.  My wife and I love that show, so I thought that I would play a little "Office" prank on her.  On Thursday evenings my wife teaches ballet classes, which leaves me at the house by myself with too much time on my hands.  In order to occupy some of this time I decided to put a hole punch and staple remover in jello, just as Jim did in "The Office."  The next morning while she was out of her room I put the jello with the hole punch and staple remover on it with a note that said "The jello is holding these things in custardy."  She came up to me a little later just laughing about and said that it was much appreciated because it had been an extremely rough morning and she needed a little humor.  So that's it, nothing fancy or brilliant (of course, none of my posts are very brilliant) but it was something to share.  Have a great weekend!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Ah, great humor! We could SERIOUSLY use some of that at our building. :) A great way to end the week. I'm sure she appreciated your office prank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you shared this--now I understand the email she sent out! Glad you brought a smile to her day and I bet this post will make others laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said you were going to play an "Office" prank on her, I was seriously concerned for her well-being. Glad to hear you chose a harmless (and funny) spirit-lifter. That is time well-spent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always great when people takes the time to make a joke for someone. It's a compliment to them that you took the time. What a laugh she must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If someone did this in my office, I'd be laughing about it for DAYS! I love that you took the time to do this silly-silly, fun thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun. Love that you took the time to brighten someone's day. Fun. MaryHelen

    ReplyDelete