Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Parts Everywhere

My project of rebuilding and cleaning up my dirt bike has officially begun and I have to say that I have pieces everywhere!  I have an engine on the work bench in the basement, the frame and other big pieces in the garage, a set of wheels and some of the plastic by the couch in the basement, some of the plastic in the living room upstairs, and a seat in the office.  I'm not sure how this happened, but it seems like the motorcycle is taking over the house!  I'm not really sure how something that I can usually fit two of in the back of my truck can occupy an entire house.  Maybe it enjoys the warmth or the smells that are different from the usual fuel and oil.  Or maybe it likes to watch television or play on the computer.  I don't know, but what I do know is that I have got to get this mess under control before it takes over the entire house.  I think that the problem is that there are so many things that I want to do to this motorcycle to make it look and run great that I am starting multiple things at once.  I have a different set of rims that I want to put on it, I have new graphics that I would like to put on it, I have to get the motor repaired and I want to put a new seat cover on.  What I need to do is start on one thing and get that completely finished and then move on to the next.  I think that I'm going to start with the wheels....no, the graphics....no, the engine.....no, the seat.....  I'll have to let you know when I finally decide where I'm going to start.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I envy you. You are blogging about something concrete. I need a concrete project. I'm running out of philosophy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're like a kid in a candy store! And what does the wife think about the pieces everywhere? Hmmm?? Is that another slice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the parts are greater than the sum. Good luck reigning them in.

    ReplyDelete