Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Sounds and Smells of Spring

When most people think of the smells of spring they think of flowers, freshly cut grass and the smell of an incoming storm.  When they think of sounds they think of birds chirping, crickets singing and gentle rolls of thunder.  However, I am not most people and to me the smells of spring include that of gasoline, premix, motor oil and dust.  The sounds of spring are dirt bikes revving, tires spinning, fans cheering and ambulance sirens blaring.  (The last sound is not hoped for, but occasionally happens)  I made the mistake of starting my 250 for the first time this year even though I know that with the rain that we have had and the rain that is on the way it will probably be a while before I am able to ride.  It's alright, though, because I am hopeful that I will be riding soon and that I will be hearing the sounds and smelling the smells of spring.  Besides, even if I can't ride in the near future I can at least start the bike once in a while to experience some of the sounds and smells of spring.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I had a feeling this post was coming. I can tell you really can't wait to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is coming! Hopefully sooner rather than later. Here's hoping that you won't hear any ambulance sirens while riding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you made it all about you! I mean that without sarcasm! Forget about the cliches of spring arriving, I like your perspective better! Now that's fresh. Like a spring rain! :)

    ReplyDelete