Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fore!!!!

I just finished playing my first round of golf for the year and I had a blast!  I went golfing with a couple of others from school.  It was a nice way to unwind on a nice day the week before spring break.  I have to say, though, that I really need to practice.  If you ever get full of yourself and need to knock yourself down a notch or two I suggest trying your hand at golf.  It's very humbling to see that you have an area 200 feet wide that is covered in nice green grass and still manage to hit the ball into the body of water, group of trees or area of sand that is nowhere near where you intended on hitting the ball.  However, no matter how poorly I play I always look forward to being able to go out and try again.  I also have to admit that I am exhausted.  Who knew that walking around hitting a little white ball and trying to get it into a hole could be so tiring?  I think that I'm going to kick back and relax for the rest of the evening.   

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I've never been golfing. I rode along for 9 holes once. I've played putt put. I have a feeling I'd hit the ball, walk 10 feet, hit the ball, walk 10 feet.....you get the idea. How many hours do you think that would take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such fun. I played a long time ago, didn't really get into it like tennis. I understand about the humbling; once I remember playing & never got across the lake; all the balls I had went in. But my son, daughter-in-law & grandson all play - a lot. All that walking's got to be good for you!

    ReplyDelete