Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Sad, Sad Night

At approximately 6:20 PM EST something terrible happened.  The 6th ranked Purdue Boilermakers fell to the lowly Iowa Hawkeyes.  My heart goes out to all of my fellow Purdue fans.  It was a tragedy that words cannot describe.  Since I do not have the Big Ten Network I was stuck listening to the radio willing my Boilers to win.  However, all of the hoping and wishing was in vain as Iowa put in a herculean effort and Purdue simply played terrible.  They played as if something was missing and they were completely ineffective, much like a train without a track or Purdue Pete without his hammer.  As I sat trying to cope with the Boiler's loss this morning  in my Purdue pajama pants, t-shirt and slippers while listening to Elton John's "Candle In the Wind" I realized that all is not lost.  Purdue may have not won the Big Ten championship, but they still have a spot in the NCAA tournament and they are going to be on a mission.  At that thought I began to hear "Back In Black" in my head once more and I prepared myself for another great day.  BOILER UP!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Condolences-- but it looks like you've turned the corner on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fellow Boiler....I am with you on this day of mourning. But time to grab the the hammer, pull our Boiler pride together and bring it to the upcoming tournaments. Boiler UP!

    Also know that your writing is nicely done--the humor shines again with that Candle in the Wind bit. But you are right--time to rock on with Back in Black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would be the most poetic sports announcer! Figurative language and rhythm abound in your Purdue post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister is getting her Ph.D. from Iowa right now and is a huge Hawkeye fan. She would not see that as a sad, sad night:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love college basketball in March? I wish you and your team well in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete